The features of a good democracy:
1. The major decisions of governance of a country should be taken by the elected representatives of the people.
2. People should have a fair choice in elections regarding parties and leaders so that they can change the present leaders if they wish to.
3. People should have opportunities and choices equally. No single group or community should have unfair advantages or privileges.
4. The government should be answerable to the constitutional principles and shouldn’t violate the fundamental rights of people.
5. Power sharing must not only be among various social groups but also among the units of the federation.
Features of a good democracy are not fixed. It may vary from country to country. But in general, the people should not be exploited and the system should be flexible enough to allow changes but rigid enough to prevent the power getting concentrated in the hands of a few.
Rate this question :