Q. 105.0( 1 Vote )
What are the factors
Factors that helped the city become a textile centre
- Ahmedabad is situated in the heart of a cotton growing area; hence the major raw material is easily available.
- The humid climate is ideal for spinning and weaving.
- The flat terrain and easy availability of land is suitable for the establishment of the mills.
- The densely populated states of Gujarat and Maharashtra provide both skilled and semi-skilled labour.
- Well developed road and railway network permits easy transportation of textiles to different parts of the country, thus providing easy access to the market.
- The Mumbai port which is situated nearby facilitates import of machinery and export of cotton textiles.
Rate this question :
How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
view all courses
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation