The environmental consequences of using the fossil fuels are as follows:
1. Burning of fossil fuels resulted in Air pollution.
2. The burning of fossil fuels causes release of acidic oxides like Carbon, Nitrogen and Sulphur which causes Acid rain.
3. The acid rain has severe impact on soil and water resources.
4. Due to Air pollution by burning of fossil fuels has resulted in change in climatic conditions.
5. Global warming and Green house effect are some of the consequences of using of fossil fuels.
The various steps which can be used to minimise the pollution caused by various sources of energy including non-conventional sources of energy are as follows:
1. Switching over to non-conventional sources of energy such as wind energy, solar energy and ocean energy to reduce the pollution.
2. Switching to the CNG over fossil fuels in automobiles.
3. Afforestation: Growing more trees will help in reducing pollution.
4. Use of solar cookers for cooking food instead of biogas.
5. Avoiding use of biogas for cooking instead using LPG gas for cooking purposes.
Rate this question :