Q. 15.0( 5 Votes )
What are the disadvantages of child marriages?
Child means a person who, if a male, has not completed 21 years of age, and if a female, has not completed 18 years of age. It is treated as child marriage if the contract between any two people of which either one or both parties is a child.
The disadvantages of child marriage are as follows:
• There is a risk of under-age pregnancy
• The trafficking and sale of girls becomes easier
• The immature children who are newly married are often pushed into a family system.
• There is an increase in the rate of abortions, premature births which may result in infant mortality and the death of mothers.
• Handicapped child births or dead child births
• Mental as well as physical health problems.
• Obstacle for study.
• Hurdle for physical growth
• the children become child labourers for family maintenance.
Rate this question :
Write an essay on general problems, the women facing?AP Board - Social Studies
Many acts are made by the government. What do you suggest for better implementation?AP Board - Social Studies
What are the disadvantages of child marriages?AP Board - Social Studies
Imagine that you are Tehsildar. How would you prevent child marriages?AP Board - Social Studies
You have read about various problems of girls and women. Have you noticed any sort of these problems in your village/ town? Specify them and what is to be done?AP Board - Social Studies
Why has domestic violence become a common practice? Find out the reasons.AP Board - Social Studies