Society refers to the large group of people living together. Society is not uniform instead it is of different types. The different types of society are as follows:-
• Hunting and gathering society – I t is an ancient society and the first stage of human evolution. The people in this society mainly focused on hunting, fishing, and gathering. The status and the position in the society were based on age and sex.
• Pastoral society- This society consists of several thousand people. The people living in this society mainly focused on animal husbandry and cattle herding was their main occupation. The rear animals like cow, goat, sheep, and buffalo for self -subsistence. Like hunting society, the also engaged themselves in fishing and hunting.
• Nomadic and semi-nomadic society - Nomadic society refers to the people who move from one place to another in search of food, land, and occupation. Semi-nomadic society refers to the people who stay at one place for food and occupation and move only for cattle herding.
• Agricultural society or rural society- India is a country of land and villages. We find the mention of the term villages in the ancient texts. Agriculture society is one of them. It is a village-based society. During this time, people left a nomadic life and settle in one place. The main occupation of the people is agriculture. To till the land, plough driven by animals was used. This society is also known as rural society.
• Urban society- Also known as an ideal society. This society has the large population and people are engaged in various jobs and works. Overcrowding is the negative aspect of urban society. We had civilization like Sindhu civilization which proves that urban society emerged a long time before.
• Industrial society- The people living in an industrial society mostly engaged in industrial works. In this society, the production process is mechanized and done in large quantity. The mechanization of industries is like, we firstly had textile industries without any use of machines and now we have mechanized weaving.
Rate this question :