Q. 53.5( 14 Votes )
What are the diff
The world wars had a long-lasting impact on the political, economic, social fields of the world. Some of these major impacts are listed below :
1. The first consequence was the widespread deaths and injuries. First World War had killed 10 million people and the Second World War had killed 20-25 million people.
2. The 2 wars had created a regime of lethal arms, especially in nuclear and chemical weapons.
3. The strengthened the case for the democratization of power.
4. It led to the end of many powers such as the Ottoman Empire, the German Empire, and the Russian Empire.
5. Many countries had shifted from monarchy to democracy system.
6. Many new countries were born across Asia and Africa.
7. The map of eastern and central Europe was redrawn on the basis of
nationality, economic viability, and military security. Post World War II, ex-colonies rose to become independent nations.
8. UNO was formed for peaceful settlement of disputes. UNO is the United Nations Organisation. It works on 4 major principles - preserve
peace, uphold human rights, respect international law and promote social progress. It works through UNICEF, UNESCO, WHO, ILO, etc.
9. This phase saw a major change in the women of the world. With men fighting in the battlefields, it was the duty of the women of the households to become the bread earners of the family. They began working in factories, shops, offices, hospitals and also volunteering for different services. They also got the right to vote in 1918. This was a major step in the empowerment of women.
These were the major impacts of the two wars on the world. Some of these impacts from World War I also paved way for the World War II. Other impacts were positive, such as setting up of UNO, which are a great asset for the current world.
Rate this question :