Q. 53.8( 10 Votes )
What are the adverse effects of using high yielding varieties of seeds? (AS1)
High yielding Varieties of seeds are of better quality then the normal seeds. Hyv seeds play an important role in green revolution.
The adverse effects of using high yielding varieties of seeds are—
1. Water loss- Hyv seeds Required a large amount of water For proper yield.
2. Health Problems- Hyv seeds Requires a large amount of pesticides and chemicals to grow Which increase the risk of Health problems.
3. Poor product- hyv seeds produce less fodder then then normal seeds.
4. Pollution- Hyv seeds required a lot of pesticides which increase pollution.
5. Expensive- Many farmers are not able to buy as hyv seeds are expensive.
Rate this question :