Q. 344.1( 15 Votes )
What are the advantages of using LPG as fuel?
LPG stands for liquified Petroleum Gas. It is used as fuel for home and industry. Advantages of using LPG as a fuel is that it is non-toxic and reduces the interior pollution by 90% as compared to other fuels such as coal or wood. The carbon dioxide emissions are very low. It is an economical fuel source. It burns very efficiently, with very low combustion emissions and does not create black smoke.
Rate this question :
What is petroleum? Where does petroleum occur?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Complete the crossword Fig. 5.2 with the help of the clues:
1. Fuels obtained from dead remains of living organisms. (6,5)
2. A process by which the various constituents of petroleum are separated. (8)
3. A porous black substance obtained from coal. (4)
4. Another name for motor fuel. (6)
5. The substance obtained by carbonization. (4)
6. Fuel for heavy motor vehicles. (6)
7. A petroleum product used for road surfacing. (7)
8. Dead remains of sea animals got converted into it. (9)NCERT - Science Exemplar
Write some important uses of the various constituents of petroleum.NCERT - Science Exemplar
Match the items given in Column I with the items of Column II.
NCERT - Science Exemplar
The fossil fuel P is formed under the earth by the decomposition of vegetable matter lying under water by the action of anaerobic bacteria. The major component of fuel P is Q. The fossil fuel P is used as a source of gas R needed to manufacture nitrogenous fertilizers. When P is filled in metal cylinders and used as a fuel in motor vehicles, it is called S. What are P, Q, R and S?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
State one use each of the following products of petroleum.
(a) Bitumen (b) Petroleum gasAll in One - Science
Write the use of lubricating oil.All in One - Science
Write the importance of petrochemicals.All in One - Science
Write the name of a petro-product used in dry cleaning.All in One - Science
Is it possible to extract petroleum from under the sea?All in One - Science