ADVANTAGES OF USING SOLAR COOKER:
1. No harm to Environment: The solar cooker use solar energy to complete its work. There are no chemicals or smoke released that is harmful to the environment. In short, it is pollution free.
2. Safe to use: The solar cooker is the safest appliance to be used. There is no fear of gas leakage, fire, burning of wood, burning of food etc.
3. No electricity: The solar cooker is totally dependent on solar energy. There is no requirement of electricity for the solar cooker to work.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING SOLAR COOKER:
1. Climatic conditions: Solar cooker uses solar energy to work efficiently. In the absence of sunlight during winter and rainy season, the cooker cannot function.
2. Time-consuming: The time required to cook in a solar cooker is greater than the time required to cook on the gas stove. Hence, solar cookers are time consuming.
Solar cookers are direct dependent on sunlight (solar energy) to work. Hence, a solar cooker cannot be used in places where no or limited sunlight is available.
The places with no sunlight would have limited solar cooker utility.
Rate this question :