Stepwells are one of the water conservation methods that are used traditionally in Rajasthan.
1. These stepwells are wells with water which can be reached by getting down a number of steps.
2. Stepwells are either circular or rectangular multistoreyed structures.
3. They are called as Bawdi in Rajasthan.
4. Steps that lead to the water stored underground are intricately carved.
5. The pillars are very beautiful, and the windows are carved with the images of water Gods.
6. Most of the stepwells are found in the district of Bundi as it is called the city of stepwells.
7. There are many other popular stepwells like Tapi of Jodhpur, Bhandarej of Dausa, Vinata of Chittoor and Chand stepwell of Abhaneri.
8. These stepwells help people to quench their thirst during the hot summer season.
9. These stepwells remain cool during summers.
The water stored in stepwells are also used for irrigation. The chambers around these structures have beautiful carvings and are of architectural significance.
Thus, these stepwells are used to conserve water.
Rate this question :
Describe any twoRajasthan Board Social Science
Which is a longesRajasthan Board Social Science
What is meant byRajasthan Board Social Science
Which is the longRajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the diffeRajasthan Board Social Science
What are stepwellRajasthan Board Social Science
Explain about BhaRajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the IndirRajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the MukhyRajasthan Board Social Science
Which projects arRajasthan Board Social Science