Q. 2 F
Answer the follow
The reasons behind setting up of Lok Adalats were as follows:
1) The process of dispensing justice is extremely tedious and expensive.. hence, the government set up Lok Adalats to quicken the process of providing relief claims, especially in cases where the parties are interested in a compromise.
2) It has three main features : 1. It lays stress on compromise. 2. It is fast and cheap. 3. It reduces the judicial burden on other courts.
3) Lok Adalats take up cases relating to daily life problems like transport accidents, tehsildaari problems, marriage and alimony, worker’s problems etc.
4) These courts are established by either the District Law Authority or the Taluk Law Authority. Two mediators will be present.
5) The judgements given by the Lok Adalats are final and binding on both the parties, and appeals cannot be filed against them.
Rate this question :