Q. 6 C
Answer the follow
The following constitutes the major reasons for water pollution:
1. Aquatic weeds- Aquatic weeds causes depletion in oxygen level of the river water. It thus changes the natural qualities of water.
2. Decomposing matter- Decomposing plants and animal bodies also adds matter to water.
3. Mud/sludge- River current and its diversion add mud/sludge in the water making it polluted.
4. Soil erosion- Soil erosion contributes to the addition of biotic and abiotic factors into the water bodies.
5. Microbes- Microbes like bacteria grows in the matter decaying in the water which pollutes it
6. Algae- Excessive algal growth effects the biological oxygen demand
7. Nematodes- Nematodes are added with water
Rate this question :