Q. 234.5( 8 Votes )
What are HYV seed
High Yielding Variety Seeds (HYV seeds) are seeds of better quality than normal quality seeds.
1. The products from these seeds are a bit more compared to the normal ones.
2. These seeds are a better option of seeds in order to obtain a healthy and surplus crop.
3. These seeds have a good immune system to fight with insects and other diseases.
4. Another goods feature of these seeds is they need very less irrigation care.
5. These seeds played a very prominent role in the introduction of the green revolution of India.
The usage of these seeds has a certain limitation :
These high-yielding varieties of seeds (wheat) depend crucially on the availability of fertilizers, adequate water supply, pesticides, and insecticides.
Rate this question :