Q. 45.0( 2 Votes )
Use an imaginary example from your context to describe the relationship between underweight and access to food. (AS4)
1. Nutritionists have stated a close relationship between underweight and access to food.
2. The problem of underweight is caused by illness and food intolerance.
3. The National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad conducted a survey across many states in India and had given out shocking results.
4. A recent survey among 7000 children in the age- group 1-5 years, shows that 45% of them are underweight. These children are hungry and not getting adequate food. This makes 50% of the children in this country to be malnourished.
5. When the children are malnourished for a long time, it affects their health. Such as, it might stunt their height and weaker bones.
6. About 80% of people in rural areas consume food that is below the calorie standard. The major reason behind this low-calorie intake is the lack of purchasing power of the people.
7. People also lack awareness about the nutritional values of the foods. Even families who have a decent income are not feeding their children properly.
Rate this question :
Analyze a week’s food habits of your family. Create a table to explain nutrition elements included in it.AP Board - Social Studies
Use an imaginary example from your context to describe the relationship between underweight and access to food. (AS4)AP Board - Social Studies
Suppose that the foodgrain production has been affected in a particular year because of natural calamity. In what ways can the government ensure higher availability of food grains for the year?AP Board - Social Studies
Describe the relationship between the increase in food production and food security.AP Board - Social Studies
Make similar posters about food security.AP Board - Social Studies
Give reasons to argue for the following statements “Public Distribution System can ensure better food security for people.”AP Board - Social Studies
Correct the false statements
(i) Increase in food production alone ensures food security
(ii) It is important to encourage mono-crop cultivation to ensure food security
(iii) Low-calorie intake is higher among people with low income
(iv) Legislations have an important role to play in ensuring food security
(v) PDS system could be used to address the issue of child nutritionAP Board - Social Studies
The consumption of calories has consistently ___________ in rural areas. The average per capita calorie consumption in 2004-05 is _________ than the required calories. The minimum calorie consumption for persons living in urban areas is 2100 calories. The difference between actual calorie consumption in 2004-05 and the required calorie consumption in urban areas is _________.AP Board - Social Studies