1. Nutritionists have stated a close relationship between underweight and access to food.
2. The problem of underweight is caused by illness and food intolerance.
3. The National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad conducted a survey across many states in India and had given out shocking results.
4. A recent survey among 7000 children in the age- group 1-5 years, shows that 45% of them are underweight. These children are hungry and not getting adequate food. This makes 50% of the children in this country to be malnourished.
5. When the children are malnourished for a long time, it affects their health. Such as, it might stunt their height and weaker bones.
6. About 80% of people in rural areas consume food that is below the calorie standard. The major reason behind this low-calorie intake is the lack of purchasing power of the people.
7. People also lack awareness about the nutritional values of the foods. Even families who have a decent income are not feeding their children properly.
Rate this question :
Use an imaginaryAP Board - Social Studies
SAP Board - Social Studies
Give reasons to aAP Board - Social Studies
Correct the falseAP Board - Social Studies
The consumption oAP Board - Social Studies
Analyze a week’sAP Board - Social Studies
Make similar postAP Board - Social Studies
Describe the relaAP Board - Social Studies