Q. 115.0( 1 Vote )
1. The major elements found in the mantle are Silica (Si) and Magnesium (Mg), hence it is popularly known as SIMA
2. Due to the earthquake and other tectonic shifts, fractures are being formed in the rocks. The fault is the fracture between crustal rocks.
3. L-waves are the most destructive seismic waves compared to the other P-waves and S-waves.
4. The centre of the earth is known as the core. Therefore, is also known as the centre.
5. Seismic waves are generally generated when there is an earthquake on the surface. Earthquake creates seismic waves
6. Landslides are the major occurrence due to the endogenic movement of the earth.
7. Carter: it is the bowl-shaped depression found at the top of the volcano
8. Epicentre: Epicentre is a point on earth surface which lies above the point of focus, the effect of the earthquake is mainly caused by the epicentre
9. Tsunami: it is the word derived from the Japanese word which means harbour waves. It caused due to the large seismic waves under the sea.
Rate this question :
Distinguish betweTamilnadu - Social Science Term-1