• Cell-mediated immune response is responsible for graft rejection.
• This is because the body is responsible in distinguishing the self (its own) and nonself (foreign/donor’s) cells.
Option A is incorrect as Auto-immune response is the process by which the body attacks its own cells (self-cells).
Option B is incorrect as Humoral immune response is nothing but an antibody mediated response. Since the antibodies providing acquired immunity is present in the blood, it is called as the humoral immune response.
Option C is incorrect as Physiological immune response is the type of defence that prevents the entry of foreign particles into the body.
• In case of Rheumatoid arthritis, the body attack self-cells.
• The ability to differentiate pathogens or foreign molecules from self-cells is also lost.
• This results in damage to the body and is therefore called as an auto-immune disease.
Rate this question :