Q. 65.0( 1 Vote )
Trace the events starting from the coming in contact of Rhizobium to a leguminous root till nodule formation. Add a note on importance of leg hemoglobin.
The following events take place:
1. Rhizobium multiply and colonise arround the surrounding of the roots and get attached to the epidermal and root hair cells.
2. Now, the root hair cells curl and the bacteria enters the root hairs.
3. After entering the root hair an infection thread is formed.Which carries the bacteria to the cortex of the root.
4. In the cortex nodule formation starts taking place .
5. Here, the bacteria are released from the thread in the cells, which leads to differentiation of nitrogen fixing cells.
6. A vascular connection is established with the host for exchange of nutrients.
Leghaemoglobin is a red coloured pigment present in the root nodules of a legume.It is also considered as oxygen molecule scavenger because it combines with the oxygen molecule and helps in it’s removal. Thus helping enzyme nitrogenase in nitrogen fixation,which only works in absence of molecular
Rate this question :
Trace the events starting from the coming in contact of Rhizobium to a leguminous root till nodule formation. Add a note on importance of leg hemoglobin.Biology - Exemplar
Give the biochemical events occurring in the root nodule of a pulse plant. What is the end product? What is its fate?Biology - Exemplar
Name the most crucial enzyme found in root nodules for N2 fixation? Does it require a special pink coloured pigment for its functioning? Elaborate.Biology - Exemplar
How are organisms like Pseudomonas and Thiobacillus of great significance in nitrogen cycle?Biology - Exemplar
Carnivorous plants exhibit nutritional adaptation. Citing an example explain this fact.Biology - Exemplar
Carnivorous plants like Nepenthes and Venus fly trap have nutritional adaptations. Which nutrient do they especially obtain and from where?Biology - Exemplar
Reactions carried out by N2 fixing microbes include
Which of the following statements about these equations is not true?
Biology - Exemplar
A farmer adds Azotobacter culture to soil before sowing maize. Which mineral element is being replenished?Biology - Exemplar
Name one non-symbiotic nitrogen fixing prokaryote.Biology - Exemplar