Q. 13.5( 2 Votes )
Think of as many words associated with seasons that come to your mind. What kinds of colors, images, sounds and activities do you associate with each of them? Discuss with your partner
Now complete the following table.
● Drifting of white snowflakes
● Fog in Morning and stars in the early evening
● Hibernation of some animals and insects.
● Smoke from firewoods
● Freeze and cold breaths
● White snow on the roofs and branches of trees.
● The White Mountains and freeze rivers & streams.
● Creaking of boughs and branches.
● Movement of snow.
● Crackling of bonfires
● Shivering of cold waves and winds.
● Booming of firecrackers.
● Buzzing of cicadas (an insect).
● Absorbing warmth and vitamin D during day
● Sledging and skiing in the cold snow.
● Building of snowman and snowball fights among friends.
● Eating dry fruits and warm snacks.
● Children playing outside in woollen scarfs and mittens.
What I feel
Winter season is a season of chilliness and foggy weather. People love to wear warm clothes and play with snow during snowfall. Warm beverages during the night are everyone's favourite. Festivals like Christmas and New year celebration are very much enjoyable.
● Yellow Gulmohar trees in bloom
● Ripening of fruits
● Humid climate with dry desserts and streams
● Long hot days and short cool nights
● Beautiful sunrises and sunsets
● Pre-monsoon clouds
● Green vegetation and harvesting of Kharif crops in India.
● Swooshing of hot Loo
● Clicking whirr of crickets and grasshoppers
● Croaking Chorus of frogs and toads
● Thunderstorms booms
● Whirring of coolers and ceiling fans
● Ice-cream van horn and lemonade vendors sound.
● Drinking a lot of water
● Vacation on beaches with beautiful sceneries.
● Adventurous sports like hiking & rafting with Swimming and fishing in a lake
● Camping and trekking in hill stations
● Bake cakes & ice creams.
What I feel
Summer season is the season of hot and dry weather and it seems quite difficult for people to survive sometimes the direct sunlight and hot air. Fresh juices and cold beverages are very much loved by the people. My particular favourites of this season are mangoes and peaches. Lots of ice creams and shakes are enjoyable during summers.
● The colourful glimpse of nature
● The opening of buds and trees turning green
● Blooming of various flowers
● Colourful Rainbow in the sky
● Birds making nests and feeding on insects in the bright sunny day.
● Breezing of soft winds
● Chirping of sparrows
● Woodpeckers’ tap on the wooden branches
● Whirling vibrations in a silent lake
● The roar of wild animals
● Swirling of kites in the sky.
● Peacocks and nightingale chorus.
● Children playing outside in a bright and lovely day
● Planting of trees & flowers
● Riding a bike and flying of kites in the sky
● Go for Picnics with friends and family.
● Date on a poolside.
What I feel
Spring season is the most favourite season of mine. It is so colourful and soothing that feels so mesmerizing to the souls of people. The scenic beauty and the smell of new flowers are heartwarming. Both days and nights are appreciable and enjoyable in spring. It gives a glimpse of a new life of joy and happiness among people.
● Falling of leaves with showers of rain droplets
● Trees with crippled red and brown leaves and boughs
● Aroma of the earthy smell
● A warmer climate with chilliness of rainfall.
● Children dancing in rain and celebrations of festivals and harvesting of crops.
● The rustling of leaves and crunching under feet
● Heavy rainfall droplets striking the ground
● Whining of squirrels, crabs and frogs
● Rippling of water from overflowing drainage.
● Laughing of kids draining in rain.
● Vibrations of fireflies.
● Children jumping on piles of crunched leaves
● Rock climbing and Mountain biking
● Visiting any orchard for picking fruits
● Warm coffee with cozy snacks and donuts.
● Photography of landscapes.
What I feel
Autumn season brings heavy rainfall and fallen of leaves so it sometimes feels calm to just watch the beauty of it. The roads, the orchards, the rivers are a view to seeing. It is perfect weather to have a housewarming party at a friend's place and enjoy lots of snacks and beverages and also do some photography of beautiful landscapes.
Rate this question :