Q. 254.4( 8 Votes )
There is an urgent need to develop a sustainable path of energy development. The two broad measures to do it are:
1. Promotion of energy conservation: Economic development of any country is dependent on the availability of energy resources. All sectors including agriculture, transport, industry etc. require energy. Much of our sources of energy are conventional which have limited supply. So energy resources must be used judiciously.
2. Increased use of Renewable energy: Conventional sources of energy or fossil fuels are exhaustible and harmful to the environment. The rising prices and limited supply make them an unreliable source of energy in the long run. Therefore, countries should shift to renewable energy resources like solar and wind energy.
As concerned citizens, we can take small steps:
1. Switching off electronic devices when not in use prevents unnecessary wastage of energy.
2. Taking public transport and engaging in activities like car-pooling.
3. Using non-conventional sources of energy like putting a solar panel.
Sustainable development can only happen when we save energy not only for present use but also future use. For this, conservation is essential and so is using non-conventional energy resources. In the long run, only renewable energy resources can prove to be efficient. Even citizens should take small steps that will make a big difference if everyone does it.
Rate this question :