Q. 15.0( 1 Vote )
There are two rea
Yes, it is true that there are more females than males in most countries even though male babies are born more in number than female babies as approx 943 to 952 female babies for every 1000 male babies is estimated. There are two reasons why female babies are more in most countries–
• As compared to boy babies, girl babies have better resistance to diseases during the early stages of growth.
• In most of the societies, older women survive more than men.
Thus, both these factors led to the estimation of approx 1050 females per 1000 males.
But in countries like South Korea and India, the sex ratio has been declining. The trend is different for India, China and South Korea because of the following reasons:
• In India, China and South Korea, males are valued more than females.
• In these countries, preference has been given to the birth of the male child and the female babies are neglected.
• Female babies are often killed at the time of birth. This is the reason Female Foeticide is prevalent in such countries especially India.
Rate this question :