‘‘The UN is an imperfect body but without it, the world would be worse
off.’ This statement is explained below:
1. The interdependence among the countries of the world is rapidly growing.
2. More than 7 billion people live an umbrella organization called the UN. It is not easy to imagine otherwise.
3. With the rapid improvements in technology. It has become very clear that over the years the importance of the UN will increase.
4. The citizens and the government of the country have to find new methods and strategies to support and work in harmony with the UN, to achieve its objectives along with cooperating with the international standards.
The UN cannot serve as a balance against US dominance due to the following reasons:
1. With the disappearance of the Soviet Union, the US is the only superpower.
2. The US has many nationals in the US bureaucracy.
3. The US is the single largest contributor in terms of financial power.
4. The US has the power to stop any moves that it may feel is damaging its interest or the interest of its alliances.
5. It can use its power to split the rest of the world.
Rate this question :