Q. 1 B4.5( 24 Votes )
The small gray squirrel became friendly when ______________.
The small gray squirrel became friendly when he found that the boy did not arm himself with a catapult or air gun.
Rate this question :
The old banyan tree “did not belong” to grandfather, but only to the boy, because _________________NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Use the words in the box to speak about the people and the things below, using as … as or –er than
[Notice that in the word ‘hot’, the letter ‘t’ is doubled when –er is added.)
2. Weight Lifters
3. City temperatures
5. City Temperatures
______________NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Look at these sentences.
Choose would and could to replace the italicized words in the following sentences.
Grandfather says, in the old days,
1. elephants were able to fly in the sky, like clouds. They were also able to change their shapes. They used to fly behind clouds and frighten them. People used to look up at the sky in wonder.
2. because there was no electricity, he used to get up with the sun, and he used to go to bed with the sun, like the birds.
3. like the owl, he was able to see quite well in the dark. He was able to tell who was coming by listening to their footsteps.
Read again the paragraphs of the story in which the author describes the banyan tree and what he used to do there. Is there a place in your house, or in your grandparents’ or uncles’ or aunts’ houses, that you especially like? Write a short paragraph about it, saying
● where it is
● what you do there
● why you like it
You may instead write about a place you dislike, or are afraid of.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
The young boy spent his afternoons in the tree ____________________.NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Find words in the story, which show things striking violently against each other.
1. The cobra struck the crow, his snout th_ _ _ ing against its body. (15)
2. The crow and the myna c_ ll _ _ _ _ in mid-air. (13)
3. The birds dived at the snake, but b _ _ _ _ d into each other instead. (14)NCERT English - Honeysuckle
The words in the box are all words that describe movement. Use them to fill in the blanks in the sentences below.
1. When he began to trust me, the squirrel began ______ into my pockets for morsels of cake.
2. I saw a cobra _____ out of a clump of cactus.
3. The snake hissed, his forked tongue _____ in and out.
4. When the cobra tried to bite it, the mongoose _____ aside.
5. The snake _____ his head _____ to strike at the crow.
6. The birds _____ at the snake.
The word ‘round’ usually means a kind of shape. What is its meaning in the story?NCERT English - Honeysuckle
Read the descriptions below of what the snake did and what the mongoose did. Arrange their actions in the proper order. (11, 16)