Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
“The problems of
Following are the religious practices followed by Harappan Civilization-
1) worshipped nature including the sun, moon, tree, rain, thunder. They also considered trees like Peepal as sacred.
2) Animism- they worshipped animals like a pigeon, Rhino, hump bull, snake, including some mystic animals like a unicorn.
3) Pashupati Mahadev- A seal excavated at Harappa with a picture of a man in a yogi posture under a people tree with closed eyes surrounded by four animals- buffalo, rhino, tiger, elephant and two deer at its feet. The man has got two horns on the head. He is given the name of ‘Pashupati Mahadev- Shiva’
4) Mother Goddess- a terracotta statue of a woman wearing a head dress and holding a smile has been found in all the houses.
5) Phalluh and Yoni- At Harappa and Lothal, stone linga have been excavated, suggesting that they worshipped the same.
Rate this question :
Explain the technHistory - Board Papers
<span lang="EN-GBHistory - Board Papers
Explain how diffeHistory - Board Papers
Mention any two cHistory - Board Papers
What evidences haHistory - Board Papers
‘The burials in HHistory - Board Papers
Note : The followHistory - Board Papers
(16.1) On the givHistory - Board Papers
Prove with the heHistory - Board Papers