Q. 55.0( 1 Vote )
When any religion gets represented in politics exclusively, this gives rise to communalism. The beliefs of one religion are treated superior to another, the demands of any religion are raised while others are suppressed.
• This thinking of superiority deters a nation from unity. Every religion desire to form a separate political unit.
• In India, political mobilization on religious lines is frequent. The political leaders use religion as a tool to gain votes and to get elected.
• The Political party appeals or lure one religion over others.
• These above cases lead to communal violence.
• India has already witnessed such violence in past during India Pakistan partition.
• Even post-independence, large-scale communal violence had occurred, example Gujrat Riots in 2002 among Hindus and Muslims.
Hence it is very true that “The problem begins when religion is seen as the basis of the nation”.
Rate this question :