Q. 94.2( 18 Votes )
‘The Prime Minister is the head of the government’ Justify the statement.
‘The Prime Minister is the head of the government’. This statement can be justified by the following:
● The Prime Minister has many different powers.
● He chairs all the Cabinet meetings.
● He coordinates the work of different Departments.
● If there are any disagreements between Departments, his decision is considered to be final.
● He exercises general supervision of different ministries.
● All ministers work under his leadership. He distributes and redistributes work to them.
● He has the power to dismiss ministers.
● He controls the Cabinet and Parliament through the party.
● If he quits, the entire ministry will quit.
Rate this question :
Of all the institutions that we have studied in this chapter, name the one that exercises the powers on each of the following matters.
(a) Decision on allocation of money for developing infrastructure like roads, irrigation etc. and different welfare activities for the citizens.
(b) Considers the recommendation of a committee on a law to regulate the stock exchange.
(c) Decides on a legal dispute between two state governments
(d) Implements the decision to provide relief for the victims of an earthquake.NCERT Political Science - Democratic Politics I
Three friends went to watch a film that showed the hero becoming Chief Minister for a day and making big changes in the state. Imran said this is what the country needs. Rizwan said this kind of a personal rule without institutions is dangerous. Shankar said all this is a fantasy. No minister can do anything in one day. What would be your reaction to such a film?NCERT Political Science - Democratic Politics I