Q. 22 B5.0( 2 Votes )
“The pace of chan
As the pace of change has been rapid in modern times, long distance communication has become far easier without physical movement of the communicator or receiver.
1. Personal communication has immensely improved. The Indian Postal Network, largest in the world, handles parcels as well as personal written communications. Cards, mails, book packets, registered newspapers and periodicals are all carried through various means of transport. Mail Channels such as Rajdhani Channel, Metro Channel etc. have introduced to facilitate quick delivery of mails in large towns and cities.
2. The Subscriber Trunk Dialling (STD) telephone facility has marked a revolution in strengthening telecom networks in India by integrating the development in space technology with communication technology. The Indian government has extended this special provision to twenty-four hours STD facility in every village of the country.
3. Mass Communication, a means of entertainment as well as a medium of creating awareness among people about national programmes and policies covers a wide range including radio, television, newspapers, magazines, books, and films. Example – All India Radio (Akashvani) broadcasts programmes at different levels (national, regional, local) and the Doordarshan, the national television channel, broadcasts shows related to entertainment, education, and sports etc. for different age groups.
4. India publishes a large no. of newspapers and periodicals annually of various types, depending upon their periodicity. Although newspapers are published in about 100 languages and dialects, the largest no. of newspapers are published in Hindi, followed by English and Urdu.
5. India is the largest producer of feature films in the world. With Central Board of Film Certification is the authority to certify Indian as well as foreign films, numerous short films; video feature films and video short films are produced.
NOTE - Communication, in different forms, has added to the viability of a country’s economy as well as its people. Not only does a systematic network of transport and communication prove to be beneficial for the economy and its people, but it also helps in developing healthy relations irrespective of cultural and regional boundaries.
Important – This answer contains information only from NCERT Textbook Geography Class 10. Students can add information with regard to other recent digital and technological revolutions today.
Rate this question :