Q. 204.5( 4 Votes )
The level of air pollution is higher at a busy traffic intersection. Why?
The level of air pollution is higher at a busy traffic intersection because a large number of cars, buses and other automobiles stop there at multiple times throughout the day. Their automobiles release a large amount of gases that contain the various pollution causing gases. The SPM given out by them gets suspended in the air around that area making it polluted.
Rate this question :
Match the items of Column A with those of Column B. Table
The level of air pollution is higher at a busy traffic intersection. Why?NCERT - Science Exemplar
We should plant trees and nurture the ones already present in the neighborhood. Why?NCERT - Science Exemplar
Why is it advised that industries should switch over to cleaner fuels such as CNG and LPG in the Taj Mahal zone in Agra?NCERT - Science Exemplar
What do CFCs stand for? Name some devices where CFCs are used. Why CFCs are considered as pollutants?NCERT - Science Exemplar
Combustion of fossil fuels generates a lot of air pollution. Can you suggest any two alternative sources of energy which do not cause any pollution?NCERT - Science Exemplar
In the following statements the underlined words are jumbled up. Write them in their correct form
(1) Air contains 78% ginroten and 21% goncxy.
(2) Vehicle produce high level of pollutants like carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, nobrac moondexi and mosek.
(3) Carbon dioxide, thaneme, nitrous oxide and water vapour are known as heengrouse sesga.
(4) Gangotri glacier in Himalaya has started melting because of lablog ringwam.
(5) Whenever harmful substances such as wagese, toxic chemicals, silt, etc. get mixed with water, the water becomes potdulle.
NCERT - Science Exemplar
The quality of air at various locations is monitored regularly by government and other agencies. In what way can you use these data?NCERT - Science Exemplar
Which of the following is not a green house gas?NCERT - Science Exemplar
The phenomenon of marble cancer is due toNCERT - Science Exemplar