Declining area of land under cultivation coupled with increasing population have many consequences. They are: -
1. Food shortage for the increasing population of the country.
2. There will be increase in the prices of the food grains.
3. The unemployment in the country will increase and there will be loss of livelihood of the farmers.
4. There will also be shortage of supply of raw materials for agro-industries.
5. There will be adverse effect on the export trade as the agricultural products comprise a major section of international trade business.
Rate this question :