Q. 244.5( 2 Votes )
The Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) used many dirty tricks to win elections in Mexico. Justify the statement with five examples.
Mexico is an American country, that got independence in 1930, and since then it holds an election every six years.
The election held after every six years was won by a party called Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) for every term till 2000.
1. Though opposition parties would contest but could never win.
2. The election was not held in a transparent manner, many illegal practices were followed.
3. The government employees would attend the party meetings,
4. the media would focus only on PRI’s activities,
5. the teachers would force the parents to vote for only PRI,
6. the polling booth was mismanaged,
7. sometimes the booth was captured or transferred to another in the last minute.
Rate this question :