Q. 94.8( 4 Votes )
The Industrial Re
Industrial Revolution had both positive and negative impact.
• There was setting up of industries and factories and new technological advancements occurred.
• The price of produced goods in factories was lesser than handmade products which made it affordable for all.
• Industries employed a large number of people.
• Traditional craftsmen and artisans lost their market.
• They also lost their land as huge factories were set up.
• Industrialization led to urbanization and thus resulting in over-crowding of cities.
• Over-crowding of cities led to poor housing and sanitation condition. Thus, the living quality deteriorated.
• Surplus labours in industries led to the decline of income of labourers, worsening their condition.
Thus, we can say, the Industrial Revolution was a mixed blessing.
Rate this question :