Q. 24.0( 5 Votes )
The First World W
Yes, it is true that ‘The First World War left a deep imprint on the European society and polity’.
• Soldiers were given more importance and kept above civilians.
• Politicians and publicists believed men to be aggressive, strong and masculine.
• Even though media glorified trench life, the soldiers lived a difficult life in these trenches. These trenches were filled with rats feeding on dead bodies, faced poisonous gas and witnessed their ranks reduce rapidly.
• In the public sphere, aggressive war propaganda and national honour were given more importance.
• Democracy was considered as new and fragile idea that it won’t survive the instabilities of interwar Europe.
Rate this question :