Q. 124.4( 5 Votes )
The emerging economies of China and India have great potential to challenge the unipolar world. Do you agree with the statement?
Substantiate your arguments.
It is true that the emerging economies of China and India have great potential to challenge the unipolar world because of the following reasons-
• India and China are both emerging strong economies of the world and have broken their economy from stagnancy.
• Both the countries are popular and preferred centers for foreign direct investment from all over the world.
• China has large reserves of foreign exchange. India, too, has an economy with a strong reserve of foreign exchange.
• India and China have adopted similar policies at the global level too to deepen integration with the world economy to challenge the unipolar world.
• Special Economic Zones have been created in both these countries promoting greater international trade.
Therefore, it would not be wrong to say that India and China have great potential to challenge the unipolar world.
Rate this question :
Explain any four steps taken by China that led to the rise of its economy.Political Science - Board Papers
Resistance is the only option available to overcome the hegemony. Justify the statement by comparing it to other antihegemony strategies
Assess the role of ASEAN as an economic association.Political Science - Board Papers
Note: The following questions are for the visually impaired candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 20:
(i) Define ‘hegemony’.
(ii) Differentiate between the hegemony of hard power and hegemony of soft power.
(iii) Explain any two constraints on the American hegemony.Political Science - Board Papers
Study the cartoon given below carefully and answer the questions that follow
a) The mighty soldier with a weapon represents which country?
b) What is the significance of the names of various countries written on his uniform?
c) What important message does the cartoon convey ?Political Science - Board Papers