Q. 185.0( 4 Votes )
1. Manufacturing industries generate employment opportunities by providing people with alternative jobs in the secondary and tertiary sector, apart from the agricultural sector, thereby reducing heavy dependence on agricultural income.
2. The problems of eradicating unemployment and poverty can be addressed through the process of industrial development. This has been the underlying idea behind the establishment of the public sector and joint sector ventures.
3. India is a diverse country, comprising of people belonging to different cultures and religions, having their own regional identities. The initial establishment of industries in tribal and backward areas was generally aimed at reducing regional disparities.
4. The production of manufactured goods leads to significant expansion of trade and commerce, thus, bringing in the considerable amount of foreign exchange.
5. The transformation of raw materials into furnished goods is the path to prosperity. India, a country that has an abundance of raw materials can achieve its development goals by increasing and diversifying its manufacturing industries.
NOTE – Manufacturing industries are those industries which process the raw materials to produce large quantities of valuable goods. The growth of manufacturing industries can go a long way in providing solutions to various socio-economic problems (such as poverty, unemployment, standard of living, health, education, literacy rate etc.)
Rate this question :
“The economic strSocial Science - Board Papers
“Agriculture andSocial Science - Board Papers
‘Agriculture’ andSocial Science - Board Papers
Examine the contrSocial Science - Board Papers
“Manufacturing inSocial Science - Board Papers
Why has the ‘NatiSocial Science - Board Papers
Explain with examSocial Science - Board Papers