‘‘The Chishti Khanqah was the center of social life.’’ This statement is explained below:
1. The Sheikh, his family, his attendants, and his disciples lived in Khanqah.
2. Many visitors met the Sheikh in Khanqah.
3. It also provided the people refuge from the neighboring areas in case of an invasion.
4. People came to meet Sheikh to seek discipleship.
5. Even members of nobility such as Amir Khusro and Zia Uddin Barani visited this place.
6. A kitchen or langar was also run on an unasked charity.
Rate this question :