Q. 314.6( 63 Votes )
‘The challenge of sustainable development requires control over industrial pollution’ The statement is explained below:
● On the one hand, the industries they have led to an extensive amount of growth and expansion of the country.
● On the other hand, they have also been a major cause of Environmental Degradation.
● They pollute the environment in various forms of air pollution, land pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution.
● The urgency of developing the sustainable model to control industrial pollution has increased.
● The industries must use eco-friendly products and dump the waste responsibly.
● The waste must be sent to a specified place away from the land and water resources.
● They must use the approach of reuse recycle refuse.
● The thermal plant must be stopped in some of the locations.
● They can use the latest technology to control pollution.
● The Industrial effluents must be treated before releasing them in water bodies.
● The groundwater use must be checked regularly to avoid overdrawing.
● Smokestacks must be fitted in factories with electrostatic precipitator and Fabric filter to reduce the particulate matter released in the air.
● Coal must be replaced by oil or gas in factories.
● The machinery must be redesigned to increase energy efficiency and reduce noise.
Rate this question :
How do industries pollute water? Suggest any four measures to control water pollution.Social Science - Board Papers
What are the ways of treating industrial effluents which are responsible for water pollution?Geography Important Questions
Explain three phases by which treatment of industrial effluents can be done.Together With Social Science
What steps have been taken by NTPC towards environmental protection?Social Science - Board Papers
Explain the pro-active approach adopted by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for preserving the natural environment and resources.Social Science - Board Papers
Suggest any three steps to minimise the environmental degradation caused by the industrial development in India. (CBSE 2016)Geography - CBSE Last 8+ yr Question Bank
Explain any five measures to control industrial pollution in India.Social Science - Board Papers
What major steps have been taken by NTPC towards environment protection?Full Marks - Social Science
Suggest any three steps to minimise the environmental degradation caused by the industrial development in India.Social Science - Board Papers
“Consequence of environment degradation do not respect national or state boundaries.” Justify the statements.Social Science - Board Papers