The major reason for US hegemony is its hard power i.e. its strong military regime.
1. The military dominance of the US is both absolute and relative meaning its military troops are of so much capacity that it can reach any part of the planet. No other military power in the world can match its superiority.
2. The US invaded Iraq and more than 40 nations joined the coalition despite the fact that the UN was against the invasion. Thus no country could deny the US due to its superiority.
3. US expenditure on its military capabilities is highest in the world. It has strengthened its military research, innovation, and technology.
After the second world war, the leaders of Europe were planning for reforms. As the world war ended with too many casualties caused on the side of Europe. So they wanted to integrate and revive its international relations and economy.
The factors that led to the evolution of the European Union from an economic union to a political union:
1. The EU has started to act like a nation state rather than a multilateral group.
2. The EU has its own flag, anthem, currency, currency. Though it has been striving for its own constitution that has failed.
3. It also has a common foreign and security policy while dealing with other nations.
4. EU has been expanding itself by acquiring new members.
Rate this question :