1) Insolation: It is the solar radiation that reaches the Earth’s surface and is measured by the amount of solar energy received per square centimeter per minute.
2) Inversion of temperature: It is a reversal of the normal behavior of temperature in the troposphere, in which a layer of cool air at the surface is overlain by a layer of warmer air.
3) Anemometer: It is also called wind gauge which is an instrument for recording the speed and direction of winds.
4) Roaring forties: It is the area between latitudes 40⁰ and 50⁰ south in the Southern Hemisphere, where the prevailing winds blow persistently from the west. They have strong winds throughout the year.
5) Nimbus: It is a cloud that produces precipitation which reaches the ground as rain, hail, snow or sleet. They can be characterized by their great height.
6) Meteorology: Meteorology is a branch of atmospheric science. Here we study about the happenings in the environment around us and the reasons behind them.
Precisely it is the scientific study of weather.
Rate this question :
Define the followKarnataka Board - Geography
Terms to rememberKarnataka Board - Geography