Demographic features are the socio-economic characteristics of a population of an area which is expressed in a statistical manner such as sex, educational level, income level, life expectancy rate, religion, occupation, birth rate, and death rate.
1. The population of India is very large in size. It ranks second in the world in terms of the size of the population. Although India has only 2.4 percent of the total land of the world, it has 17% of the total world population.
2. The population was 102.86 crore as per the 2001 census. It is 121 crore as per the 2011 census.
3. Regarding the age composition, India has 50% of the population consisting of the youngest people. The age group of 0 to 14 years is 37.3%, that of 15 to 60 years is 55.4% and above 60 years is 7.3%.
4. Sex ratio refers to the number of females 1000 males. It reflects the relative chances of survival of women as well as indicates the social health of a society. It had fallen from 933 in 2001 to 940 in 2011.
5. The rural-urban composition of India's population is a mirror on the pattern of living of the countries population. The percentage of the total population in the year 2011 was 67.7% in rural areas and 31.1% in urban areas.
6. The density of population is the average number of people living per square kilometer. It is an important determinant of the magnitude of the burden that the land has to carry and for future potential growth. According to the 2011 Census, the average density per square is 382.
Rate this question :
Explain the benefRajasthan Board Social Science
What do you thinkRajasthan Board Social Science
What were the reaRajasthan Board Social Science
Highlight the chaRajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the meaniRajasthan Board Social Science
When were the ecoRajasthan Board Social Science
What was the rateRajasthan Board Social Science
What are the chanRajasthan Board Social Science
How long qualityRajasthan Board Social Science
What does globaliRajasthan Board Social Science