Q. 35.0( 4 Votes )
Suppose that the foodgrain production has been affected in a particular year because of natural calamity. In what ways can the government ensure higher availability of food grains for the year?
A country affected with a natural calamity faces serious food security issues. However, if the government takes the following steps, it can recover at a quicker pace:
1. A country’s economy must be producing food for the nation as a whole.
2. The government must take out its stock of food grains for the consumption of the people.
3. The government can import foodgrains from other countries to increase availability.
4. The total amount of food grains available would be the production of food grains during that year plus net imports minus change in stock with the government.
5. This stock is released and maintained by the government through FCI. FCI release buffer stock according to the needs and availability of food grains.
6. The food grain can be sold to people at a subsidized price.This is the universal public distribution system.
If the government undertakes the above steps in a careful, well thought out manner, the country can have adequate availability of food grains throughout the year for its citizens.
Rate this question :
Analyze a week’s food habits of your family. Create a table to explain nutrition elements included in it.AP Board - Social Studies
Use an imaginary example from your context to describe the relationship between underweight and access to food. (AS4)AP Board - Social Studies
Suppose that the foodgrain production has been affected in a particular year because of natural calamity. In what ways can the government ensure higher availability of food grains for the year?AP Board - Social Studies
Describe the relationship between the increase in food production and food security.AP Board - Social Studies
Make similar posters about food security.AP Board - Social Studies
Give reasons to argue for the following statements “Public Distribution System can ensure better food security for people.”AP Board - Social Studies
Correct the false statements
(i) Increase in food production alone ensures food security
(ii) It is important to encourage mono-crop cultivation to ensure food security
(iii) Low-calorie intake is higher among people with low income
(iv) Legislations have an important role to play in ensuring food security
(v) PDS system could be used to address the issue of child nutritionAP Board - Social Studies
The consumption of calories has consistently ___________ in rural areas. The average per capita calorie consumption in 2004-05 is _________ than the required calories. The minimum calorie consumption for persons living in urban areas is 2100 calories. The difference between actual calorie consumption in 2004-05 and the required calorie consumption in urban areas is _________.AP Board - Social Studies