Q. 234.5( 2 Votes )
Suggest some reforms to strengthen political parties so that they perform their functions well.
Examine the advantages and disadvantages of the two-party system.
A political party is a group of people with a similar ideology, who contest elections and form a ruling government if they win the elections. Every member of a particular party works on the same front, their methods might differ, but their aim is the same. To run a democratic nation, it is important for the political parties to work fairly for the people.
The ways in which political reforms can be carried out are:
a. The legislative bodies could make laws for eliminating corruption from these parties.
b. People can put pressure upon the parties to make necessary changes in the party’s way of action.
c. The media can play an important role by providing correct information to the citizens.
There are different types of the party system. There is a one-party system where only one party is allowed to run the government, like China. There is two parties system where only two parties contest election like the USA. A multi-party system where several parties contest the election. Eg. India
1. When two parties compete, there is a fair chance of winning.
2. It helps people in deciding whom to vote.
3. It makes the government more effective, and there is a fear of getting replaced.
1. The parties spend their time in undermining the other groups. In multi-party the parties form the coalition government with other smaller parties.
2. The two-party system leaves the people with just two options. In case someone doesn’t agree with both ideologies, s/he has no choice but cast a vote in favour of one of them.
Rate this question :
Suggest some measures to reform political parties in India.Together With Social Science
Suggest a few ways in which political reforms can be made in India.Full Marks - Social Science
The opposition is important for democracy. Comment.Full Marks - Social Science
Explain any five suggestions to reform political parties in India.Social Science - Board Papers
Suggest and explain any five measures to reform political parties.Social Science - Board Papers
Suggest any five effective measures to reform political parties.Social Science - Board Papers