The five measures to reform political parties:
1. Internal affairs of the political parties must be regulated by the law. For example, there must be an independent authority, a judge to resolve the disputes, its own constitution etc.
2. A minimum number of candidates, like one-third, must be women in the decision making the body of the party.
3. The state should find the election expenses of the party in cash or in kind like petrol, paper etc.
4. People, organizations and even movements can put pressure on the parties through protest, petitions etc.
5. Political parties can improve if those who want such reformation join them to improve the decisions.
Explanation: Political parties are hard to reform because they themselves are the legislatures and wouldn’t accept reforms that would curb their authority. Hence, law and people have to reform it.
Rate this question :