Q. 114.7( 6 Votes )
Objective: To produce a rainbow in classroom
Materials required : prism, wooden plank, white light source,table
● Cover all the windows & close the doors so that the classroom becomes a dark room.
● Take the prism & place it on the table in front of the white wall.
● Take a wooden plank and make a small hole in it.
● Keep the wooden plank in between the white light & the prism so that a narrow beam of light falls on the refracting surface of the prism.
● Adjust the height of the prism so that the narrow beam of light falls on the refracting surface of prism.
● Observe the changes in the emergent rays.
● Now rotate the prism so that perfect spectrum is obtained on the wall.
Conclusion: The spectrum of light is obtained on the wall of the classroom due to dispersion of light
Rate this question :
Light of wavelengAP - Physics & Chemistry
A light ray fallsAP - Physics & Chemistry
Derive an expressAP - Physics & Chemistry
Prisms are used iAP - Physics & Chemistry
<span lang="EN-USAP - Physics & Chemistry
Incident ray on oAP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain two activAP - Physics & Chemistry
Choose the correcAP - Physics & Chemistry
How do you find eAP - Physics & Chemistry