Q. 13.8( 5 Votes )
State the meaning of controlling.
● Controlling is an important managerial function it refers to taking necessary measures for preventing the actions to ensure the achievement of the organisation towards its organizational goals.
● It is a comparison of the actual performance with the plant performance.
● If there is a gap between the two performances then corrective measures must be taken to ensure that there is a match between the actual performance and the planned performance in the future.
● The manager must exercise effective control over the activities of the subordinates to see the planned results.
● Controlling also means ensuring that the resources are being used effectively and efficiently for the achievement of the goals. It is a goal-achieving measure.
● It is a pervasive function that exists at all the levels- top, middle and lower.
● It is not the last function of management. It brings back the management cycle to the planning function.
Rate this question :
A company M limited is manufacturing mobile phones both for the domestic Indian market as well as for export. It had enjoyed a substantial market share and also had a loyal customer following. But lately, it has been experiencing problems because its targets have not been met with regard to sales and customer satisfaction. Also, the mobile market in India has grown tremendously and new players have come with better technology and pricing. This is causing problems for the company. It is planning to revamp its controlling system and take other steps necessary to rectify the problems it is facing.
a. Identify the benefits the company will derive from a good control system.
b. How can the company relate its planning with control in this line of business to ensure that its plans are actually implemented and targets attained?
c. Give the steps in the control process that the company should follow to remove the problems it is facing
NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Mr. Shantanu is the chief manager of a reputed company that manufactures garments. He called the production manager and instructed him to keep a constant and continuous check on all the activities related to his department so that everything goes as per the set plan. He also suggested him to keep a track of the performance of all the employees in the organisation so that targets are achieved effectively and efficiently.
a. Describe any two features of Controlling highlighted in the above situation. (Goal Oriented, continuous and pervasive – any 2)Answer The two features of controlling highlighted in the above situation are explained below:
a. Goal-oriented: Controlling insurance that the resources of the organizations are being used in the most effective and efficient manner to achieve the predetermined goals.
b. Pervasive: Controlling is a pervasive function. It is the primary function of all the managers. The managers at all the levels- top, middle and lower have to perform this activity.
b. Explain any four points of importance of Controlling.
NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
Which term is used to indicate the difference between standard performance and actual performance?NCERT - Business Studies Part-I
State the meaning of controlling.NCERT - Business Studies Part-I