Land use is the function or functions that a man applies to the land available to him. The interaction between geographical factors and man have resulted in land use. There are numerous factors affecting land use.
1) The regions rich with mineral resources are used for mining. For instance, states like Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh have more land under mining compared to other states.
2) The pattern of land use is also determined by certain physical factors like topography, climate etc. For instance, the population density is less in mountainous regions compared to plains.
3) Government policies like the development of metro lines, dedicated freight corridors, bullet train project converts the land into transport land use.
4) The government has also announced several housing projects like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, which promotes affordable housing for the weaker sections. Such projects convert land to residential land use.
5) It is also affected by the population, quality fo lands, and needs. For examples, in Japan. The percentage of land under forest is more as compared to the land used for agriculture purpose.
6) In urban areas, the number of people residing increases with the passage of time. People tend to migrate from other rural areas to these urban areas. So, a major portion of the land in urban areas is used for residential purpose.
Rate this question :
Give the answersMHB - Geography (New)
Examine the pie cMHB - Geography (New)
The figure showsMHB - Geography (New)