Answer :

Around 75% of the CO2 is transported via blood and the remaining 25 % of it is transported via plasma.The three main ways by which CO2 is transported in blood are:

1. In Red blood cells carbon dioxide combines with water and forms carbonic acid. It is an unstable form and gets disassociated into hydrogen and bicarbonate ion.


2. Carbon dioxide is also transported through plasma in the form of bicarbonate ions.


Rate this question :

How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation
caricature
view all courses
RELATED QUESTIONS :

Arrange the folloBiology - Exemplar

For completion ofBiology - Exemplar

Complete the missBiology - Exemplar

It is known that Biology - Exemplar

Mark the incorrecBiology - Exemplar

Compared to O<subBiology - Exemplar

Respiration in inBiology - Exemplar

Mark the correct Biology - Exemplar

Name the primary Biology - Exemplar

What is the amounBiology - Exemplar