Q. 195.0( 1 Vote )
State the aim of Tenth Plan with regard to higher education. What strategy is being followed to attain it?
The objective in the Tenth Plan is to raise the enrollment in higher education of the 18-23 year age group from the 6 per cent to 10 per cent by the end of the Plan period. The strategies would focus on:
• Liberalization of the higher education system.
• Increasing access, quality, adoption of state-specific strategies
• Emphasis on the relevance of the curriculum and networking on the use of information technology.
• Distance education, the convergence of formal, non-formal, distance and IT education institutions, increased private participation in the management of colleges.
• Research in frontier areas of knowledge and meeting challenges in the area of internationalization of Indian education.
Rate this question :