Q. 224.5( 8 Votes )
State one prudential reason and one moral reason for power sharing with an example from the Indian context.
• It reduces the possibility of social conflict. Since social conflict leads to political instability and violence, it ensures the stability of political power. So by adopting power-sharing political instability can be avoided.
• Majority community does not impose its will over the others. For Example: In India, the Hindi language is not being imposed on southern states.
• Power sharing is the spirit of Democracy.
• Since all the people are affected by the policies of the Government, they have the right to be consulted on how they should be ruled.
• A legitimate government is one government in which citizens participate in the decision-making process.
• In India, reservation of seats for SC’s and ST’s in the state assemblies and Parliament is an example of Moral reason.
Rate this question :