Q. 69 B3.7( 15 Votes )
State five uses o
The five uses of metals are given below:
1) Used for making machinery and heavy equipment. Ex-Iron.
2) Used in making electric wires because it is a good conductor of electricity. Ex- copper
3) Used to make thin foils for packaging medicines, chocolate, and food items. This is because it provides a complete barrier to light, oxygen, moisture, and bacteria.
4) Used in the manufacture of many products such as paints, rubber, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, plastics, inks, soaps, batteries, textiles and electrical equipment.
5) Mercury is a liquid metal and is used for making thermometers. It is liquid at room temperature and is a very good conductor of heat.
The five uses of non-metals are given below:
1) Used for making fire crackers.
2) Oxygen is an essential non-metal for life. It helps in maintaining life and is inhaled during breathing.
3) Chlorine is used in water purification process to make drinking water supply germ-free. Chlorine kills pathogens such as bacteria and viruses by breaking the chemical bonds in their molecules.
4) Iodine is a non-metal. It is used to make purple coloured solution which is applied on cuts and wounds as an antiseptic.
5) Nitrogen is also a non-metal is used to make fertilizers and explosives.
Rate this question :
Match the substanLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
State one use eacLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Which non-metalsLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name the non-metaLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Which metal is usLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name the metal whLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science