Q. 25.0( 2 Votes )
Can you tell the
Weaker sections in society are marginalized in many ways. The weaker section refers to that group of people who are denied social and cultural opportunities. Their backwardness can be because of economic and caste status. Scheduled caste and scheduled tribes are included here. The Constitution (Art. 46) presents that the state shall promote with special care the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people, mainly of Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes. The reasons for reservation are:
1) The existing social and economic inequalities
2) The weaker sections of the society, like STs, SCs and Dalits have been the victims of exploitation and harassment.
3) Empowerment of the weaker sections in the society is possible only through the reservation.
4) The weak persons always deserve some extra care.
5) The finest way of protecting their interest is to provide them with some facilities in the way of reservations.
Rate this question :
Visit the officiaMHB - History and Political Science
Do you thinMHB - History and Political Science
According tMHB - History and Political Science
Make a list of coMHB - History and Political Science
Read the chMHB - History and Political Science
Take an interviewMHB - History and Political Science