Q. 25.0( 3 Votes )
No, the flowers pollinated by the winds are not as attractive as the flowers pollinated by the insects.
• The insect-pollinated flowers need to be attractive.
• The insects get attracted to the flowers with bright and beautiful.
• The flower should have nectar because insects are attractive towards nectar.
• This attraction helps the flower in getting pollinated.
• The flowers that are pollinated by wind do not need such an attraction.
• Wind by blowing easily transfers the pollen grain to the stigma without any attractions.
• Hence, in insect-pollinated flower, the flowers should be attractive in order to achieve pollination. Whereas wind-pollinated flowers do not need to be attractive.
Rate this question :